PLEASE NOTE: This is a remote position that will be based in one of Compassion’s Asian (Thailand, Indonesia, Philippines, Bangladesh) countries. Only applicants who are currently living in one of these countries will be considered. Resumes/CVs must be submitted in English.
This senior manager leads the accounting team to maintain Compassion’s general ledger, work closely with internal clients across the organization to answer financial questions and provide advice on proper accounting, conduct accounting research and analysis, review and interpret historical transactional activity, and complete the month-end and year-end close process. The primary purpose of this position is to provide full management through subordinate managers and/or senior professional staff. This responsibility includes hiring, discipline, and termination, as well as, coaching, performance management, assigning, checking, and approving work to satisfy broad objectives and department strategies. The incumbent will ensure completion of department responsibilities, calling on available resources to achieve department objectives, working within approved budget.
- Acts as an advocate for children. Raises awareness of the needs of children and takes active steps to help protect against neglect, abuse, and exploitation of children. Promotes the dignity, respect, positive treatment, potential of children in all circumstances. Encourages the involvement of others in helping children in need. Reports and appropriately supports responses to incidents of harm of children if they occur.
- Provides leadership, planning and consultation to subordinates, executives, and peer management in the successful alignment of assigned department resources to ensure achievement of operational priorities and initiatives, integrating priorities within organizational strategies to ensure that department’s purpose is fulfilled.
- Contributes to or prepares and administers the annual budget and departmental expenses, ensuring accountability for on-time completion of deliverables based on department objectives, SLAs, and other Compassion standards, ensuring compliance with regulatory and board policies.
- Selects, manages and develops assigned staff, establishing goals and objectives, coaching and managing performance, including discipline, motivation, and annual reviews; supports continuous learning and development that enhances individual performance and organizational capability.
- Leads professional staff responsible to serve internal customers, answering financial reporting questions, explaining accounting principles, advising on proper recording of transactions, and informing others of financial policies and procedures. This includes partnering in problem-solving for both procedural and technical issues.
- Serves as a subject matter expert on the organization’s financial general ledger system, including the chart of accounts, functional allocation, fund balances, segments and other attributes of the system.
- Oversees professional accountants who maintain monthly/annual financials including the close processes through preparation and/or review of key journal entries and account reconciliations.
- Leads accountants who analyze financial activity for errors or misclassifications and make corrections as needed.
- Manages accountants who prepare and distribute financial statement reports and provide additional information related to those reports for appropriate actions and decision-making.
- Accountable for supporting, upholding, and engaging in Compassion’s core “Cultural Behaviors” in all internal and external communication and relationships.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Management Information Systems, Business Administration, or related discipline
- Fluency in Thai language, preferred but not required
Licenses and Certifications
- Applicants should preferably be experienced Chartered Accountants having certifications like GAAP, USGAAP, CPA, etc.
* **Equivalent education, training and/or certification may be substituted for experience and education shown above ***
Travel Requirements: May be required to travel up to 50% of normal schedule