The goal of the Training of Trainers (TOT) on Result Based Management, Monitoring and Evaluation (RBM-M&E) is to give the trainers the background knowledge, skills and practical experience in order to make them capable of delivering the knowledge and technical assistance to the communities and their partners/organizational staff. It also aims at improving management effectiveness and accountability by defining realistic expected results, monitoring progress toward the achievement of expected results, integrating lessons learned into management decisions and reporting on performance.
After completing the TOT on RBM-M&E, participants will be able to:
• Explain the concept of RBM and put it into practice by linking it with project designing, planning, implantation and evaluation phases.
• Development of Theory of Change at the design stage
• Development of Strategic results framework and Roadmap
• Understand the philosophy and principles of RBM.
• Develop Result Based Indicators, M&E plans for their identified projects.
• Have a thorough knowledge and understanding of the Logical Framework Approach (LFA).
• Development of strategic results framework.
• Insights into different RBM frameworks (e.g. Logical Framework, Theory of Change).
• Be able to use the Logical Framework Approach in their own fields of work for the planning, implementation and monitoring of projects
• Understand how to apply Results-Based Management throughout the project cycle.
• The implications of RBM for your organisation in terms of organisational capacity, and cooperation with key actors/ stakeholders
• The use of evidence from monitoring and evaluation in decision-making
• Ensuring quality and accountability in humanitarian and development programmes by focusing on CHS (Core Humanitarian Standards)
The training is aimed at experienced professionals, scholars, teachers, postgraduate students, I/NGOs, UN agencies, social workers, and anyone else with a keen interest in approaching M&E, project planning and management creatively.